What to bring when Visiting Forest Edge Nature Lover’s retreat, Knysna?
You don’t need to pack everything but the kitchen sink when visiting Forest Edge, Nature Lover’s Retreat, Knysna!
What to bring when visiting Forest Edge Nature Lover’s Retreat, Knysna?
Our guests often comment, wow you have everything here. We way overpacked for this trip. We love this!!
If you’re staying with us you can be rest assured that packing will be a breeze. People who travel a lot always pack way too much, as they never know what to expect for the first time when visiting new places. Nothing worse than travelling to your destination especially isolated places for hours and wanting to settle in and put your feet up and realizing that you are missing something preventing you from settling in.
Forest edge cottages are fully equipped cottages with everything you would expect from an establishment, including some special touches and things you normally not expect to see.
We have decided to list some of our unique items to help you plan your trip to us in future:
* Torches – great for night time exploring or taking a dip in the splash pool
* Playing cards and colouring books – to keep both the adults and the kids busy at night
* Umbrellas – You never know what the weather is doing, but should not stop you from enjoying the great outdoors.
* Ice-trays and Water bottle – one often forgets the ice if you do not have the means to transport it with you until you can get somewhere to get ice, this will keep you going.
* All crockery and cutlery including some storage containers – for keeping some braai meat for lunch the next day.
* Coffee Plunger – for the die-hard coffee lovers that enjoy the aroma of fresh coffee in the morning overlooking the forest and enjoying the peace.
* Juicer – for making some fresh juice
* Tea strainer – for those who enjoy their tea the proper way
* Sosatie sticks – for making some great braai meat alternatives
* Egg cups – enjoy a boiled egg for breakfast?
* Picnic blanket and basket – pack your food for the day of exploring the Garden route
* Hot water bottles/Electric blankets – cuddle up to a cozy hot water bottle in the winter
* Fans for those hot summer days
* Braai grids, brushes and tongs
* Hammock and cushions – nothing like enjoying a cuppa or reading a book in a hammock in our surroundings.
* DVD’s and books – we have a selection of DVDs for the kiddies and adults to enjoy. We even have some of Daleen Matthee’s stories on DVD and books for those who want to learn more about the forest and the early woodcutters.
If you have any questions upon booking please don’t hesitate to ask, we love making your stay a pleasurable, hassle-free and relaxing one.
We hope to see you visit us soon