Knysna Events Calendar
Forest Edge proudly shares the latest planned events on the Knysna calendar: festivals, races and more. We do not always have the exact dates and will add them once we do know; you can get detailed information via the links provided. If you have an event to share, please let us know and we will gladly add it.
You do not have to wait for a special event though! Our award-winning town has so much else to offer – see Knysna attractions and Activities.
- STANDING WORLD-CLASS EVENT: Wild Oats Farmer’s Market – Sedgefield, every Saturday 07:30-11:30
- FEBRUARY: The Rocky Mountain Garden Route 300 mountainbike race.
- MAR/APR: Sedgefield Slow Festival including loads of races, competitions and fun family events
- MARCH: Knysna Literary Festival including competitions and appearances by prominent authors.
- MAY: Pink Loerie Mardi Gras & arts festival, parade, competitions, food, feathers and fun.
- MAY: Simola Hill climb and Knysna Speed Festival including Kart Grand Prix, a Motor show, the Soap Box Derby, a Slot Car Challenge, a 4×4 challenge and 4×4 Elephant Trail through the Knysna forest.
- JUNE: The 7-passes MTB event mountainbike race challenge.
- JULY: Oyster Festival – running, cycling, culinary delights, family fun and more (over a 100 events!) – including the increasingly popular Houtkapper Trail Run that starts near Forest Edge and comes right past our gate before entering the beautiful forest.
- JULY: Rastafarian Earth Festival – showcases the Rastafarian way of life, the music, the food and the philosophy behind this sometimes mis-understood faith.
- AUGUST: Ross Taylor Surf Contest – at the beautiful Buffalo Bay
- SEPTEMBER: Karoo-to-Coast as part of Dr Evil Classic race
- OCTOBER: Light to Night / Moon to Noon endurance race starting at Totties Eatery, within 10min’ cycling distance from Forest Edge : )
- DECEMBER: Woodcutters MTB race.
THIS COMPLETE CALENDAR OF EVENTS GIVES YOU AN EXCUSE… IF YOU NEEDED ONE!