Forest Edge proudly shares the latest planned events on the Knysna calendar: festivals, races and more. We do not always have the exact dates and will add them once we do know; you can get detailed information via the links provided. If you have an event to share, please let us know and we will gladly add it.
You do not have to wait for a special event though! Our award-winning town has so much else to offer – see Knysna attractions and Activities.
- STANDING WORLD-CLASS EVENT: Wild Oats Farmer’s Market – Sedgefield, every Saturday 07:30-11:30
- FEBRUARY: The Rocky Mountain Garden Route 300 mountainbike race.
- MAR/APR: Sedgefield Slow Festival including loads of races, competitions and fun family events
- MARCH: Knysna Literary Festival including competitions and appearances by prominent authors.
- MAY: Pink Loerie Mardi Gras & arts festival, parade, competitions, food, feathers and fun.
- MAY: Simola Hill climb and Knysna Speed Festival including Kart Grand Prix, a Motor show, the Soap Box Derby, a Slot Car Challenge, a 4×4 challenge and 4×4 Elephant Trail through the Knysna forest.
- JUNE: The 7-passes MTB event mountainbike race challenge.
- JULY: Oyster Festival – running, cycling, culinary delights, family fun and more (over a 100 events!) – including the increasingly popular Houtkapper Trail Run that starts near Forest Edge and comes right past our gate before entering the beautiful forest.
- JULY: Rastafarian Earth Festival – showcases the Rastafarian way of life, the music, the food and the philosophy behind this sometimes mis-understood faith.
- SEPTEMBER: Karoo-to-Coast as part of Dr Evil Classic race
- OCTOBER: Light to Night / Moon to Noon endurance race starting at Totties Eatery, within 10min’ cycling distance from Forest Edge : )
- OCTOBER: Knysna Arts Festival is underpinned by the philosophy of stimulating locally-produced art whilst also supporting the greater Knysna community and numerous charitable organisations.
- NOVEMBER: The Knysna Timber Festival is the creation of the Knysna Timber Initiative, a group of local Knysna businesses who see Knysna as the Woodworking Capital of South Africa – largely due the the deep and rich heritage and history of timber-related activities in the area.
- DECEMBER: Knysna Blues Festival is the first Blues-dedicated music event in the Garden Route, the newly-established Knysna Blues Festival, will showcase both world-renowned musicians and local talent.
- DECEMBER: Woodcutters MTB race.
THIS COMPLETE CALENDAR OF EVENTS GIVES YOU AN EXCUSE… IF YOU NEEDED ONE!