Accreditations, Accolades & Awards to re-assure you
As a potential guest, you can feel more secure when you know about the accreditations and affiliations of an accommodation establishment. It gives you recourse should something go wrong or not be up to scratch. Always be wary of establishments without any accreditations – who do you complain to if you suffer a bad experience somewhere?
Forest Edge’s journey has also been positively influenced over the years by the invaluable feedback from accreditation assessors who also act as mentors on ongoing improvement.
Ultimately, though, what matters most is guest feedback, which is the ONLY thing that influences awards. Forest Edge boasts many guest-feedback-driven Awards that have marked our growth since 2006, to date:
- 2016 – International Tripadvisor Excellence Award Winner AGAIN !!!
- 2015 – International Tripadvisor Excellence Award Winner AGAIN !!!
- 2014 – International Tripadvisor Excellence Award Winner AGAIN !!!
- 2013 – International Tripadvisor Excellence Award Winner AGAIN !!!
- 2012 – International Tripadvisor Excellence Award Winner
- 2012 – Acclaimed Hall of Fame Winner (only about a dozen in the country) AGAIN !!!
- 2011 – Acclaimed Hall of Fame Winner (only about a dozen in the country)
- 2010 – National Winner as the BEST S/C Cottage in South Africa AGAIN !!!
- 2009 – National Winner as the BEST S/C Cottage in South Africa AGAIN !!!
- 2008 – National Winner as the BEST S/C Cottage in South Africa
- 2007 – Semi-finalist in AA Travel Awards – South Africa
- 2006 – Finalist in AA Travel Awards – South Africa
Forest Edge Accreditations
Accreditations are tightly controlled via visits from trained professional assessors who quality assure all aspects to ensure guests can book with the peace of mind that minimum requirements are met (or exceeded as in the case of Forest Edge).
- Forest Edge cancelled our membership with the AA in 2016, but till then Forest Edge was graded as an AA Highly Recommended establishment, which the AA defines as offering high levels of professionalism and attention to detail in the decor, quality of furnishings and service. Forest Edge has also featured in a variety of AA Travel publications and has shared a stand with AA Travel at the Outdoor Expo.
- Forest Edge is star-graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
- Forest Edge is also a Knysna Tourism member and affiliated with various other lesser known forums and online communities.
- Forest Edge is also awarded organically via exposure in the media and press as well as a tv insert in 2008 – see our news page for more information.
What matters more than who is Forest Edge accredited with, is what our guests think and whether they return again and again. This is what our formal, automated feedback programme helps us to achieve.
Let the people speak!