Garden Route Accommodation – Child & Family Friendly Holidays.
Ideal facilities and surroundings for an unforgettable Family Holiday in the magical Knysna Forest on the spectacular Garden Route.
This well-run Knysna Forest Garden Route child-friendly destination will satisfy families looking for safety, consistent standards & comfort. Look forward to a hospitable welcome at this off the beaten track gem. Nature provides the tranquil backdrop your soul craves.
Safe Family Space
Healthy family-friendly vacation havens should allow kids to explore and play safely & freely.
Soaking up the freedom of nature, immersed in bird calls, visiting bushbuck, monkeys, frogs, crabs and wild flowers – leaving parents to snatch a well-deserved nap, laze in the hammock or enjoy a drink next to your forest facing braai.
Luxury & Comfort
Fully equipped with everything a family would need to connect, the Self Catering Cottages feature 2 bedrooms, a living room, a victorian bath, secluded outdoor hot-water shower, a living room with fireplace and television with DVD player, small library, board games and fully equipped kitchen, a private patio with a braai and our popular hammocks. DSTV, free wireless internet access and en-suite shower available in luxury cottages.
And if you feel like taking the morning off, then we also offer Breakfast on our newly built picturesque Lily Pond Deck.
Relax in Pristine Nature
Forest Edge holiday cottages in the magical and pristine Knysna Forest offers an authentic, eco-friendly and unforgettable family-friendly holiday for nature-loving families.
Forest Edge is nestled against the ancient and magical Knysna Forest – your Family playground. You are surrounded by giant 900-year old Yellowwood trees, beautiful forest ferns, cola-coloured rock pools, ancient rock formations and tranquil waterfalls while hearing the distinctive call of the magical Knysna Turaco and other bird – and wildlife.
Spoilt for Choice
Forest Edge promises Quality Family time and Magical Memories. Whether you / your kids are:
- enjoying the jungle gym or splash pool area,
- active on a stunning family-friendly Forest Walk or Biking Trail,
- having a Picnic next to a safe and secluded Forest Stream,
- Swimming in Magnificent Rock Pools, or simply,
- Lazing in a Hammock by your Fully Equipped Knysna Cottage
Reset & Reconnect
FAMILY IS NOT AN IMPORTANT THING, IT’s EVERYTHING…
“What a great family holiday, nature walks, games in front of the fire and the peace and quiet is amazing! Great sites all around the facility and wonderful information about local spots to visit.”– Alana James, Cape Town
“Excellent service, had a lovely stay. Definitely your money’s worth, also very interesting facts and love all the things to do in the cottage. Movies, books, cards. Would definitely recommend for a family breakaway as well the children would especially love the fireflies just after sunset in spring. ”– Gert Van Niekerk, Gordonsbaai
“Forest Edge is an amazing family get away where you can relax and make special memories. Really enjoyed our time here – we will be back and recommend this gem! Thank you! ”– Rachel Johnson, Durbanville
Comfort for parents & Activities that keep kids occupied
- Jungle Gym: to channel energy & a meeting place for playing kids
- Intex Splash Pool: to cool off on those beautiful summer days
- Family Friendly Forest trails: bonding on easy, educational walks
- Breakfast on the Deck: take the stress out of preparing meals for the family and come dine in a picturesque setting
- Swimming Picnics: skimming stones or splashing in a creek or rock pool deep in the Forest, followed by a forest picnic
- Bicycle heaven: kids have the run of wonderful safe farm roads
- Family friendly DVD selection: to entertain kids on rainy days if they tire of splashing in puddles. Wi-Fi & Comprehensive DSTV in Luxury cottages
- Child friendly country restaurant: excellent, affordable meals in child-friendly settings (jungle gyms)
- Kiddie friendly Horse-riding: nearby, all capability levels & ages
- Day / half-day outings: to entertain kids in Knysna: the Beach (of course!), canoeing, Adventureland water slides, Radical Raptors bird educational flight display, Knysna Elephant park, Monkeyland, Ferry trips to The Heads, Bird parks, the Outeniqua Power Van, Strawberry picking, pancakes at the Wild Oats Farmers Market. Knysna offers more activity options than you will have days for!
- For something different: day trips to the Cango Caves or Dias’ full sized replica ship at the Museum in Mosselbay – a winner!
- Hanging loose: lying back under a night sky seldom seen or chilling around the fire, kids (even at 70!) rediscover the joy of play in these Knysna family friendly cottages.
- Bambinos: babies and toddlers up to 23 months stay free if own cot is brought; else we can provide if booked in advance.