Garden Route Accommodation Child & Family Friendly Holidays
A holiday Kids simply Love!
Comfort for parents & Activities that keep kids occupied
- Hansel & Gretel, our pet donkeys: kids can feed or brush them
- Jungle Gym: to channel energy & a meeting place for playing kids
- Intex Splash Pool: to cool off on those beautiful summer days
- Family Friendly Forest trails: bonding on easy, educational walks
- Breakfast on the Deck: take the stress out of preparing meals for the family and come dine in a picturesque setting
- Swimming Picnics: skimming stones or splashing in a creek or rock pool deep in the Forest, followed by a forest picnic
- Bicycle heaven: kids have the run of wonderful safe farm roads
- Veggie Garden: pick veggies from the Food Forest
- Family friendly DVD selection: to entertain kids on rainy days if they tire of splashing in puddles. Wi-Fi & Comprehensive DSTV in Luxury cottages
- Child friendly country restaurant: excellent, affordable meals in child-friendly settings (jungle gyms)
- Kiddie friendly Horse-riding: nearby, all capability levels & ages
- Day / half-day outings: to entertain kids in Knysna: the Beach (of course!), canoeing, Adventureland water slides, Radical Raptors bird educational flight display, Knysna Elephant park, Monkeyland, Ferry trips to The Heads, Bird parks, the Outeniqua Power Van, Strawberry picking, pancakes at the Wild Oats Farmers Market. Knysna offers more activity options than you will have days for!
- For something different: day trips to the Cango Caves or Dias’ full sized replica ship at the Museum in Mosselbay – a winner!
- Hanging loose: lying back under a night sky seldom seen or chilling around the fire, kids (even at 70!) rediscover the joy of play in these Knysna family friendly cottages.
- Bambinos: babies and toddlers up to 23 months stay free if own cot is brought; else we can provide if booked in advance.
“Absolutely everything our family could possibly need or want from donkeys to jungle gyms to cricket sets and frogs.”
Forest Edge holiday cottages Knysna Forest offer an authentic, eco-friendly and unforgettable family friendly holiday for nature-loving families. Award-winning: to make for a unique forest experience.
Healthy family friendly vacation havens should allow kids to explore and play freely, soaking up the freedom of nature, immersed in birdcalls, visiting bushbuck, monkeys, frogs, crabs and wild flowers, leaving parents to snatch a well-deserved nap or laze in the hammock.
Our discounted children’s rates translate into superb value for money family holidays. Whether you opt for Standard or Luxury self-catering cottages, kid-friendly holidays seldom offer budget family getaways.
If you can, visit outside of School Holidays and Long Weekends, its not only cheaper, but also offers discounted Garden Route activities and less overrun beaches / walks / outings etc. Also, Fireflies are most active in November; Whale-watching season Aug-Oct; May offers the most wonderful weather etc. In Winter look forward to boardgames by your cosy logfire, you will be warm in these superiorly equipped cottages.
This well-run Knysna Forest Garden Route child-friendly destination will satisfy families looking for safety, consistent standards & comfort. Look forward to a hospitable welcome at this off the beaten track gem. Nature provides the tranquil backdrop your soul craves.
And if you feel like taking the morning off, then we also offer Breakfast on our newly built picturesque Lily Pond Deck.