Lily Pond Deck Meals & Extras
Forest Edge is a popular Garden Route self-catering venue, fully equipped for you to prepare your own meals; or visit great nearby country restaurants for variety.
BREAKING NEWS: We’ve recently completed our magical under-roof Lily Pond Deck where we will be serving a Breakfast Buffet between 8-9:30 and a Traditional Deck Braai Dinner from 18:30 – 20:00. PLEASE NOTE, BOTH THESE MEALS MUST BE PRE-BOOKED THE DAY BEFORE! Other than the Complimentary Glass of Wine / Juice on arrival, we do not sell any alcoholic drinks, as we are not licensed to do so. You are welcome to bring your own drinks as we do not charge a corkage fee.
We DO also offer a traditional braai pack that you can pre-order, to cook in the comfort & privacy of your cottage. Our food packs are made up from quality & organic produce. Rather than a budget meal; we save you a shopping trip when you’d rather just chill. Arrive, cosy up, braai when it suits you; without having to dress or stress!
Lily Pond Breakfast / Dinner, Braai Packs etc: pre-order & enjoy!
LILY POND BUFFET BREAKFAST – R80
Cold Continental meets Hot Farmhouse to deliver the perfect Breakfast Buffet.
LILY POND TRADITIONAL DECK BRAAI DINNER – R160
Complimentary glass of House Wine / Juice on arrival.
Salad, Vegetable, Barbeque & Dessert Stations
UNDER AFRICAN SKIES – BRAAI PACK – R120
1x Traditional Boerewors piece
1x Steak (usually sirloin)
1x Chicken Thigh
1x Jacket Potato in tin foil with butter, for cooking in the coals
1x typical South African ‘Braai Broodjie’ – 2 slices Tomato, Cheese and Onion to add as filling, to grill over hot coals
SERVICING – R100 per DAY ….. FIRE WOOD – R30 per Bag
Elect to have your cottage serviced every day / some days / only after your big cook-out
(not available on Sundays / Public Holidays) at R100 per day
Pre-order fire wood at R30 per bag of wood (about 15kg)
Here's how it works:
- Pre-order when you book by selecting the extras offered during online booking, OR just email us with your requirements.
- Once checked in, pre-order at least 1 day ahead of your required meal – this can be arranged with reception.
- We keep stock for average demand; avoid disappointment (e.g. sudden large orders on busy days) – so give us a couple days’ notice to be sure
- Food order service not available on Sundays / Public Holidays
- Orders need to be pre-paid either when placed, or in cash on arrival
- These packs/meals are based on a per-person basis
- You can also pre-order fire wood and even cottage servicing for your cooking day so that you can leave the mess for us…