How much can you see and do in a 5km radius from Forest Edge Nature Lover’s Retreat?
We often have people ask us what there is to do and see directly around us, especially those who have come to seek peace and quiet in nature.
As most of you already know we are based on the edge of the Knysna Forest, where you wake up to the rustling of the trees, the singing of the birds and the buzzing of the insects? Closer to nature you could not ask for. This is why our destination has become very popular with Wellness Retreat hosts and people wanting to apply mindfulness.
Our Cabins are also perfectly spaced apart to allow for privacy, and the feeling of being alone and one with nature, each with their own braai and fireplaces and fully equipped. So back to the question if I did not want to leave the Rheenendal Area and wanted to enjoy nature to its fullest. ( For those who have not been to visit us yet, our roads run through forest and farmlands giving you a complete sence of being away from the hustle and bustle of the city) what can I do and see in a 5km radius from Forest Edge Nature Lover’s Retreat?
- We have our own Meditation Corner, Labyrinth for those who love to wake up and start their day meditating and relaxing
- You can enjoy walking around our gardens and do bird watching, insect and nature photography
- You can lay in the hammocks that are hanging on each “stoep” areas of our cabins
- We do serve breakfast and Braais for supper on request
- You can grab your wildcard pass at the SANPARKS Hut at the end of our road and venture deep into the forest to just walk out our Gate and venture to the Drupkelders part of the forest only a few people are allowed there per day to preserve nature so it’s a pretty special walk and ends in finding the most stunning rock pools where you can have a swim
- Order you picnic basket from us and go and have a picnic in the forest
- Visit Totties Restaurant and model train adventure
- Get all your basic fresh produce from Portland Farm Stall
- Mountain Bike and meander through the farmlands and in the forest
- Cool off in our splash pool
You really don’t need to venture far from our establishment to get the recharge and break you need from everyday life. You will actually be pleasantly surprised by how rejuvenated and wonderful you feel by putting technology to one side, forgetting the world and enjoying nature and the fresh air. There is are great benefits to your health to do this as we mentioned in our previous blog.
We look forward to your visit