NEWSFLASH AUG 2013 !!!
Forest Edge introduces FREE WI-FI in our Luxury & Standard Cottages
NEWSFLASH AUG 2013 !!!
Forest Edge introduces pre-order breakfast baskets, braai packs
etc to be delivered to your cottage for your comfort and convenenience!
NEWSFLASH JUN 2013 !!!
Forest Edge announced as a 2013 TRIPADVISOR AWARD WINNER!!!
NEWSFLASH MAY 2013 !!!
Forest Edge launches our upgraded LUXURY COTTAGE with full DSTV; Queen-sized bed, cast-iron fireplace
, fancy finery and more!
NEWSFLASH 30 AUG 2012 !!!
Forest Edge awarded 2012 HALL OF FAME award (AA Travel)
at glitzy annual Awards gala dinner at the Wanderers Club in Johannesburg!!
NEWSFLASH JUL/AUG 2012!!!
Forest Edge featured in the latest GETAWAY Magazine
............one of South Africa's Top 10 affordable, secluded, romantic breaks!
See news & specials via Facebook/Twitter below; join our giftclub for freebies
or fast-track to these news bits:
Guests earn entries into a draw when they give feedback on their stay. We keep a prioritised To-Do list including this feedback,
which we then tackle passionately, within cashflow
constraints (see Upgrades and Projects
below). The prize is a 3-night stay which is valid for 1 year,
transferrable, not redeemable for cash, not valid for Peak or Low-Peak or for
value-adds and it can be extended at listed rates. The most recent winner of this
- Jan 2013 - Mr and Mrs Tony Moremo from Natal Midlands
Every 100th person to tell a friend
about Forest Edge, (and this friend
) will receive a 20% discount voucher on a Forest Edge stay
outside of High and Peak Seasons.
The most recent winners of these vouchers are:
- Jan 2013 - Carla Barclay, was a 100th confirmed person to tell a friend, Antonio Conterato, about Forest Edge
The clock was re-set, so start referring friends
, if you know even one friend, you could perhaps make it tick over from 99 to 100....
And if you know 100 people, you can be guaranteed a 20% discount voucher! :)
in which YOU can win, it to contact us if you can link to our website
from your website or blog.
Forest Edge in the news - if you see us featured anywhere new, kindly let us know:
- Nov/Dec 2012:
SOUTH magazine does a feature on
Sustainable Permaculture systems and prominently feature Forest Edge
- Jul/Aug 2012:
GETAWAY magazine's list of
South Africa's Top 10 Affordable Breaks featuring Forest Edge
- March 2012:
GREEN TIMES features Forest Edge's self-sustainability and permaculture approaches
- Jan 2012: WEG magazine featured an article on the area and woodcutters and mentioned Forest Edge
- Oct 2010: go! magazine's list of
the best places on the Garden Route featuring Forest Edge
- May 2010: Video of Forest Edge owner,
Ronel Pieterse, interviewed at 2010 AA Awards (1:22)
- Jan 2010: THE EDGE Newspaper's spread on Millwood Magic featuring Forest Edge
- Jun 2009: ESSENTIALS MAG's Fun family holidays at a fraction of the price featuring Forest Edge
- Nov 2008: Forest Edge features on Kyknet TV program insert
- Apr 2008: go! magazine's
guest letter to the editor re Forest Edge
- Feb 2008: COUNTRY LIFE's Millwood feature with info on Forest Edge
- Jul 2007: COUNTRY LIFE's 21 Warm Winter Escapes incl Forest Edge
- 2 Dec 2005: THE STAR article on Rheenendal & Forest Edge
- Oct 1999: COUNTRY LIFE's Front Page article on Forest Edge
- 1996: Braham van Zyl writes in DIE BURGER on Forest Edge & area
At Forest Edge we continually look for ways to improve, partner and give:
- Jun 2013:
Forest Edge is announced as a 2013 TRIPADVISOR Award Winner.
- 30 August 2012:
national award of 2012 HALL OF FAME at annual AA Accommodation awards !!
- Jun 2012:
Forest Edge is announced as a 2012 TRIPADVISOR Award Winner.
- 8 May 2011:
national HALL OF FAME entrant in 2011 AA Accommodation awards !!
- FEB 2011: 360 degree video tours of Forest Edge, gardens
and interiors of 3 cottages!
- Sept 2010:
Forest Edge does a major garden/landscaping overhaul, with dozens of new trees, and starts on wooden walkways and extra benches.
We also build a separate donkey camp to keep Hansel and Gretel from eating our new garden plants!
- Jul 2010:
Forest Edge adds impetus to our alien vegetation eradication and removes scores of australian blackwood at huge cost.
- 9 May 2010:
a national WINNER in 2010 AA Accommodation awards - third year running !!
- Jan 2010:
Forest Edge launches a 1km Edu-Eco-History trail that has proven a hit with adults and kids alike. We also name and mark most of our trees and shrubs.
- Dec 2009:
Forest Edge builds a new earthen dam to store water for irrigation and that may double as a swimming hole once full. We also rebuilt our soakaway.
- Oct 2009:
Forest Edge obtains 3-star grading with TGCSA and upgrades road signage accordingly.
- 1 August 2009:
Our brand new Forest Edge Reception and Entrance gate
has been completed and furnished for our guest's comfort.
Thank you to our valued guests for your input and patience in this regard.
- 10 May 2009:
a national WINNER in 2009 AA Accommodation awards - second year running !!
- 11 May 2008:
a national WINNER in 2008 AA Accommodation awards!
- Jun 2008: Forest Edge re-opens the
upgraded & refurbished 3 "old" cottages
- Sep 2007: Forest Edge launches 2 more cottages
- Feb 2007: a SEMI-FINALIST in 2007 AA Accommodation Awards
- 26 June 2006: Forest Edge supports SAPS with a donation at JSE event
- 18 June 2006 : Forest Edge at the Kyalami Outdoor Expo
- 10 June 2006 : Forest Edge helps a local entrepreneur to launch
a laundry in the local Keurhoek community
- 26 May 2006: Forest Edge supports HIRS Leadership Forum
- 7 May 2006: one of 5 national FINALISTs in 2006 AA Accommodation awards
- August 2005 : Forest Edge AA QA'ed: Highly Recommended for the first time
- June 2005: Forest Edge gets new owners and we work hard to get it to a new standard: introducing onsite presence,
upgrading roads and signs, reinstating TV reception, adding a jungle gym and communal bonfire area; reintroducing donkeys;
adding showers, hammocks and a library; replacing cutlery, cookware and linen.