FOREST EDGE COTTAGE FACILITIES
Forest Edge's self-catering cottage facilities exceed AA Travel minimum standards.
Our 5 identical cottages
sleep maximum 5 persons each.
They are aptly named:
Visit Virtual Tour
for their position on Forest Edge & in/outdoor photos of each.
FACILITIES IDENTICAL IN ALL COTTAGES:
- Open-plan lounge with fireplace, small library and tv1/2/3/e & dvd with 20+ movies
- Dining area has freestanding table & chairs in Firefly and Froggy Pond; breakfast counter
& stools in the other cottages
- Main bedroom has double bed, second bedroom has 2 single beds (bunk beds in FairyDen & Foxglove) and a dresser/dressing table; all linen
- A 5th thick foam mattress and bedding is provided on request
- Indoor olde-worlde romantic cup bath, separate toilet and outdoor
shower; bathing towels provided
- Very well equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, gas stove & oven, microwave and all cutlery and crockery, basic condiments
- Heaters, extra blankets and fans provided; electric blankets on double beds
- An alarm system is provided for your peace of mind
- Shaded veranda overlooks a private braai (barbeque) with grid
- By popular demand, we have non-smoking cottages only (smoke on veranda)
- Park right next to your cottage - there is space for your trailer but NOT for a boat, caravan etc.
- Camper cot can be provided by prior arrangement
- Hammock at each cottage
- Info board with bird/mammal charts
- Communal log seat bonfire area - ideal for large groups
- We have good cellphone reception (Vodacom is best) and you can use your normal data modem / dongle for Internet connectivity
- Limited Internet access at reception (via a dedicated laptop) at a charge
- Jungle Gym
- Picnic benches
- ONE of our cottages is Pet friendly - by prior arrangement only.
FOREST EDGE COTTAGE LAYOUT
Our cottage layout is identical in all cottages, and they are all priced the same.
So although we will endeavour to grant your request for a specific cottage, we will NOT guarantee it.
The cottages are about 67sqm and well laid out and equipped. Free reign of the grounds and the big outdoors provides much space to explore.
WHAT TO BRING (NOT PROVIDED)
Your cottage is very well equipped, see above. You will need to bring the following yourself and we also provide a comprehensive list during confirmation:
- Food, snacks, drinks, coffee, tea, sugar, drinking water if you dislike rain water, condiments
- Clothing, walking shoes, swimming gear, light-weight raincoat useful and daypack/rucksack
- Firelighters and your wood/charcoal of choice; there is a grid and we offer bagged wood for cash sale, subject to availability
- Entertainment: Camera, binoculars & reference books (mammals, birds,
trees etc), favourite DVDs & books
- Personal effects: Toiletries, sunscreen, medication, cell chargers, plug adaptors, mosquito mats in summer if you want to (malaria-free area)
- Swimming towels.