Forest Edge offers a great family friendly holiday accommodation option for nature-loving families.
This award-winning self-catering presents fully equipped cottages for a budget family getaway, and a unique Forest Experience.
Healthy family friendly vacations allow kids to explore and play freely, soaking up the
freedom of nature, immersed in birdcalls, visiting bushbuck, monkeys, frogs,
crabs and wild flowers, leaving parents to snatch a well-deserved nap or laze in
ACTIVITIES KIDS LOVE:
AFFORDABLE FOR FAMILIES !!
- Hansel & Gretel, our pet donkeys - kids love feeding or brushing them
- Jungle gym - to channel energy and a meeting place for playing kids
- Family Friendly Forest trails - bonding takes place on easy & educational
- Swimming Picnics - skimming stones or splashing in a creek or rock pool deep in the
- Bicycle heaven - kids have the run of wonderful safe farm roads
- Chickens and Veg - children delight in helping us collect eggs or picking vegetables from the Food Forest
- Family friendly DVD selection - to entertain kids on rainy days. Rainy days are also good for plashing around in puddles.
Oh, all right, if you must!!!... We also offer Wi-Fi and DSTV in some cottages
- Child friendly country restaurants - nearby restaurants and tea gardens offer excellent, affordable meals in child-friendly settings with jungle gyms, dress-up kists etc
- Horse-riding - nearby options with great child-friendly options for riders of all capability levels or littlies being led about
- Day and half-day outings to entertain kids in Knysna: the Beach (of course!), canoeing, slides at Adventureland, Radical Raptors bird flight displays and educational,
the Knysna Elephant park, Monkeyland, Ferry trips to the Heads, Bird parks, the Outeniqua Power Van, Strawberry picking,
pancakes at the Wild Oats Farmers Market and all else that Knysna and waterfront
offers - you'll have more
activity options than days!
- For something different you can even do day trips to the Cango Caves or Dias' full sized ship at the Museum in Mosselbay - a winner!
- Hanging loose -
lying back under a night sky seldom seen or chilling around the fire, kids (even
at 70!) rediscover the joy of play in these Knysna family friendly cottages.
- Bambinos - babies and toddlers up to 23months stay free and a camper cot is provided on request
OUT OF SEASON - BEST VALUE
If your kids are still small we urge you to visit outside of School Holidays and Long Weekends,
this will not only be the cheapest rates by far,
but also offers you cheaper Garden Route activities and discount deals and less overrun beaches / walks / outings etc.
There are other advantages too: Fireflies are most active in November; Whale season Aug-Oct; May offers the most wonderful weather etc.
IN SEASON - SAVE LIKE THIS
Our per-unit tarriffs mean the most superb value for money in terms of the effective per person rate. AND, we'd like to reward you for taking MORE TIME to
rest and bond with your family, so here is what we'd like to offer you on stays of at least 10 nights, or the FULL HOLIDAY if a shorter break,
as long as you do not check in on a Saturday or Sunday:
- 10% discount - if you bring your own towels (we still supply linen)
- 100kg of firewood - for fireplace and braais
- Free Servicing - after every 3rd night (except Sun)
- Book & contact us for a rates override - only 5 cottages, so act now!
- Valid on bookings made after 1 Nov 2013.
In some cottages, we also offer:
CUSTOMISE, OR GO WITH WHAT'S DISCOUNTED:
Create a custom-package by booking at standard rates and terms;
and then select any extras you want added on from the list that will be presented.
BEST CURRENT OFFER: we are fully booked for the Dec holidays apart from the earliest Dec holiday week and the latest Jan holiday week - this is GOOD NEWS as
the rates have been discounted for these periods - enquire online or
call me during office hours to find out how we can help you.
- explore the links in the menu bar above or below;
they cover cottages and facilities
Or join our popular e-letter with free gifts
FLEXIBLE? check out our best current offer
IN A HURRY?
check availability, rates and book instantly:
If you want family friendly accommodation Garden Route style, consider that we DO offer family
friendly Knysna Forest