Forest Edge offers a great family friendly holiday accommodation option for nature-loving families.
This award-winning self-catering presents fully equipped cottages for a budget family getaway, and a unique Forest Experience.
Healthy family friendly vacations allow kids to explore and play freely, soaking up the
freedom of nature, immersed in birdcalls, visiting bushbuck, monkeys, frogs,
crabs and wild flowers, leaving parents to snatch a well-deserved nap or laze in
the hammock. Activities include:
- Hansel & Gretel, our pet donkeys - kids love feeding or brushing them
- Jungle gym - to channel energy and as a meeting place for kids to play
- Family Friendly Forest trails - bonding takes place on easy & educational
- Swimming Picnics - skimming stones or splashing in a creek deep in the
- Bicycle heaven - kids have the run of wonderful safe farm roads
- Family friendly movie selection - to entertain kids on rainy days
- Bambinos - kids under 2 stay free and a camper cot is provided on request
- Hanging loose -
lying back under a nightsky seldom seen or chilling around the fire, kids (even
at 70!) rediscover the joy of play in these Knysna family friendly cottages.
Broader activities for kids in Knysna add to the selection of day outings to
entertain the family: the Beach (of course!), canoeing, the Knysna Elephant park, Monkeyland, Ferry trips to
the Heads, the Wolf Sanctuary, Bird parks, the Outeniqua Power Van,
pancakes at the Wild Oats Farmers Market and all else that Knysna and its
waterfront has to offer - you'll have more options than days!
- explore the links in the menu bar above or below;
they cover cottages and facilities
Or join our popular e-letter with free gifts
FLEXIBLE? check out our best current offer
IN A HURRY?
check availability, rates and book instantly:
If you want family friendly accommodation Garden Route style, consider that we DO offer family
friendly Knysna Forest